I'm a sucker for a reason to dress up, drink champagne and take selfies. If you're the same way here are a few event options.
1. New Year's Eve Concert with the Asheville Symphony and Classical Mystery Tour – Thomas Wolfe Auditorium, 8 p.m.: The Beatles take over Asheville -- Broadway's Beatles that is. Celebrate New Year's Eve with the Asheville Symphony and The Classical Mystery Tour including members from Beatlemania. The first half of the concert features Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club album performed in its entirety. The second half includes hits that span the career of the Beatles.
2. Roaring Twenties NYE Party – Grove Arcade, 7 p.m.: Usher in a new decade by stepping back a century. The Grove Arcade opened its door during the Roaring Twenties. Transport yourself to a speakeasy from the Roaring Twenties featuring live jazz, decorations, craft cocktails, a photo booth portal and hors d'oeuvres served by Flappers.
New Year’s Eve Heritage Celebration – The Omni Grove Park Inn: At Asheville’s most storied resort they’ll be ringing the New Year with a Heritage Jazz celebration. Special packages are available that include exclusive events such as the Monday night comedy show, Tuesday night Heritage Jazz Dinner featuring jazz quartet Queen Bee and the Honeylovers, and the main event: a New Year's Eve Speakeasy party featuring Java, a full 9-piece band.
3. 38th Annual Epic New Year’s Eve Bash – Grove House Complex, 8 p.m.: Good things come in threes! At the Grove House, they’re celebrating New Year with three dance floors, three DJs, and three balloon drops. Better yet, those balloons have money inside! The party starts at 8:00 p.m., and they’ll be providing heavy hors d'oeuvres, desserts, and party favors.
4. Pigeons Playing Ping Pong Presents The Electric Kool-Aid Asheville Test – US Cellular Center, 8 p.m.: Dance into 2020 beautiful location overlooking Pack Square in downtown Asheville. There will be extra special offerings from Executive Chef Tom LaFauci, live music from Free Flow Band with a champagne toast and a post-ball drop breakfast bar.
5. New Year’s Eve with The Free Flow Band – Daphne at Twisted Laurel, 6:30 p.m.: Ring in 2020 at Daphne at Twisted Laurel's beautiful location overlooking Pack Square in downtown Asheville. There will be extra special offerings from Executive Chef Tom LaFauci, live music from Free Flow Band with a champagne toast and a post-ball drop breakfast bar.
6. New Year’s Eve Party at Capella on 9 – AC Hotel Asheville Downtown, 8 p.m.: High atop the AC Hotel in downtown, you’ll find Capella on 9, a rooftop lounge with amazing views of the city and surrounding mountains. Tickets include a welcome cocktail, extensive hors d’oeuvres, a champagne toast at midnight and a chance to win a staycation package at AC Hotel Asheville.
7.Black and White: A Party of the Century – Battery Park Book Exchange, 9 p.m.: Experience a monochromatic masquerade party while enjoying live jazz, champagne and a full breakfast buffet.
8. The Century Room's "New" New Year's Eve – The Century Room on the Park (UpstaExperience a monochromatic masquerade party while enjoying live jazz, champagne, and a full breakfast buffet. yes, champagne toast at midnight and dancing to the Groove Shakers.
9. New Year, Tiki This? Party - The Montford Rooftop Bar, 9 p.m.: Enjoy a party on the rooftop at The Montford, located atop the Hyatt Place Hotel in downtown Asheville. This intimate event requires a ticket, which includes three drinks of your choice, two small plate offerings, a midnight champagne toast, and party favors.
+Information courtesy of Explore Asheville